September 8, 2011

Reluctance is Where I Begin

A heavy sigh just escaped me.  For weeks I've been doing everything to avoid telling my true story of childhood sexual abuse.  I don't consider myself a 'survivor' yet.  No where near.  I have kept my secret for 35 years inside of me hidden in a tiny part of my mind's closet.  Although, I say 'tiny' where the hurt and pain has been enormous is in my heart.  I've only recently read a couple of books in regards to this subject and am alarmed at how these events that went on for at least four years because I can't remember further back than six years old - how the abuse molded my personality traits.  I am frightened as I type these words - the shame, guilt and the thought of exposing myself is overwhelming.  Please be patient.
Tyla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weigh in. What's your opinion? Start a dialogue. Speak and I'll listen.

The Keyhole to My Mind's Closet

The Keyhole to My Mind's Closet
Blogging = cleaning = healing.

Feed