For anyone who has never experienced chronic, long-term pain, depression, mental stress, self-loathing, anxiety and lack of human connection than you just won't understand. The thing is, I think there are few human beings on this earth who have never struggled with such times. In this case my audience is vast.
I can't figure out how to change my situation. I procrastinate. I have no motivation. It's cold outside. I have nothing productive to do. I'm bored. I'm lonely. I'm afraid. I'm embarrassed. I'm weak. I'm in pain. I don't care. Here's what my therapist hears.
- Flower gardening
- Reading and Researching
- Watching TV
- Playing Scrabble
- Giving blood
- Become a pharmacist
- Become a tattoo artist
- Try therapeutic art journalling
- Write my memoir
- Learn to write so I can be a real writer
- Travel and work from place to place
- Work with a prevention team specific to incest sexual abuse by a sibling
- Become a high school guidance counsellor
- Design an App