October 5, 2011

Shoe Therapy - Not an Alternative

Shoes, shoes, shoes.  I am mourning the loss of wearing a shoe with heel.  I'm not being humours here.  Genuinely, I am struggling with the loss of options in footwear. 

Most women understand that it is a fact that high heel, narrow toed shoes can cause physical health issues.  My particular back pain problems weren't caused by the wearing of high heels, but as a result I can no longer fashion a pretty heel.

I know it sounds vain.  I should be thankful to be walking at all.  Think positive.  I should be ashamed.  Shallow guilt is damaging.  I in no way have become an advocate against women elongating and slimming their legs with beautiful ornaments upon their sexy feet.  I loved how pretty shoes made me feel.  Just like a drink always taste better when sipped from a beautiful glass.

This article explains the possible effects of high heel wear.
http://www.ergonomicchair.org/news/21/When-High-Heels-Cause-Holy-Hell-in-Your-Back.html




A whole set of problems comes with accepting change even when it is footwear.  I have a 28 inch inseam, yeah, no joke that's it.  Tree trunks.  I buy jeans and dress pants in size 8 to 10 and they come with a 32 inch inseam.  I don't sew.  I shrink them and then would wear 2 to 3 inch heels.  My favourite, mini ankle boots.  This made my legs look so much longer.  So now I've had to find 30 inch inseams.  Awful.  Wow, look at my tree trunks!  Purchased four pairs of ballet flats.  They are difficult to walk in.  http://youlookfab.com/2010/03/18/how-to-fit-classic-dress-pants/

No more sexy. 





Cute.  Forty-something, and cute...sigh.

Some of you will say to me "don't sweat the small stuff", blah.  I'd rather worry about this than the horrible 'big stuff'.

Tyla

2 comments:

  1. It's not shallow or minor.

    The "re-crafting" of our mental image is a *hard* thing. It makes us feel maimed. Diseased. *Broken*. We think everyone else can see how damaged we are.. after all.. look at what we are forced to wear! Eat! Do!

    Ugh.

    Hurting sucks. Having to lose what we love sucks even more!

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Than you @painprime. It does suck. All of it sucks. Only when it happens to you can you stop seeing the 'minor and shallow' in everything. I know. You know. You dare not complain or say how you *really* feel, because someone will always reply back with "there's always someone else who has it worse off". That never makes me feel better or see the lighter side of *me*. You think I don't know that? Duh. Sure, I could be in a wheelchair. I could be dying of some terminal illness. I could be starving. THIS is my life. My life. The life I care about. Mine.
    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Weigh in. What's your opinion? Start a dialogue. Speak and I'll listen.

The Keyhole to My Mind's Closet

The Keyhole to My Mind's Closet
Blogging = cleaning = healing.

Feed