October 26, 2011

Changing Me - Why?

Changing.  We all are forever changing.  Most of us are not even aware of our subtle changes.  Some people resist change, some embrace change and some don't give a dam either way. 

I'm not talking about technology, business trends, or food and packaging changes all surrounding our daily lives.  I'm talking about us, each of us how we change our thought process often.  How things that may happen in our lives cause us to alter our perspectives of things.

My latest changes that I'm trying to accomplish are:
  • be a kinder person
  • be more patient
  • be less reactive
  • gossip less
  • stick to my boundaries
I feel myself slipping often and then feeling ashamed.  I considered myself a good, caring and honest person prior to my summer from hell.  So why do I feel strongly that I need to change?  I liked me.  I'm confused now. 

Personality changes are difficult to make in your forties.  Physical changes are so much easier.  No one is asking me to change.  Not my therapist, not my husband or child or my friends.  So called friends.  I don't really have any friends.  Just one. 

Does it make sense then to want to change yourself when no one is asking you to change?

Tyla

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tyla,
    It is so inspiring to read about your life and how you have gone through so much, and are coming out stronger!
    I love your latest post about change, and I love your change list.
    Xx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Weigh in. What's your opinion? Start a dialogue. Speak and I'll listen.

The Keyhole to My Mind's Closet

The Keyhole to My Mind's Closet
Blogging = cleaning = healing.

Feed