Oscar Pistorius is charged with the murder of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp. On February 13, 2013, in the early morning hours of February 14, 2013, Oscar Pistorius shot Steenkamp four times through a closed bathroom door at his residence in South Africa. He has pleaded not guilty to the charge of murder and states that he thought a burglar was in his home and that he and Reeva's safety was his concern and that he mistakenly caused the death of Steenkamp.
I have been following the trial on YouTube sabcdigitalnews channel. South Africa Digital News
I personally sat for seven years behind the bench in court exactly where you see the presiding judges' clerk, Suzette sitting. That was my job for seven years. I've heard many cases, handled huge amounts of disturbing exhibits and have first-hand experience observing prosecutors and defence tactics in court. The trial is in the very early stages, but both sides are clearly doing their jobs. Witnesses so far are very well spoken, in control of their answers and not easily riled by Mr. Roux, Oscar's lead defence lawyer ( mini Roux CV ). He's obviously talented and working very diligently for his client. For the prosecution, Mr. Gerrie Nel. The judge is Her Lady Thokozile Masipa pistorius murder trial key people.
- neighbours were awaken by screams (bloodcurdling, loud)
- the screams sounded like a female
- the screams were of a nature that something terrible was happening, life threatening terrible, a family tragedy was occurring
- then there were a loud sound, like bang, bang, bang
- four shots were heard (it's confirmed)
- the radiologist heard cries for help three times, he called estate security and he attended the scene to help
- he observed Reeva's body at the bottom of the stairs with Oscar kneeled beside her with one of his hands covering the wound in her groin and he had his fingers in her mouth trying to sweep or open her airway
- the doctor stated that Oscar was crying and praying to God to let Reeva live, he was inconsolable, begging to devote his life to God if He would not let her die
- the doctor saw no signs of life, he check her pupils, neck pulse and noted there was blood and brain matter mixed in her hair that it was too late