September 27, 2011

8 Week Muffins - Recipe Tuesday

These muffins were brought to me by my kind sister-in-law.  She is a personal support worker.  She has been there for me and my husband throughout our health issues. 

When on prescription medications, especially a narcotic painkiller, a side effect for me is digestive issues aka constipation.  These muffins help a lot along with drinking water and I do find Lansoyl assists.


They really are delicious too.
                                                                 
EIGHT WEEK MUFFINS
Preheat oven 375 degrees F

36-48 MUFFINS

In a large bowl mix the following:

2 C SUGAR

4 EGGS

3 C BRAN FLAKES

1 ½ CUP OIL ( I USE OIL AND APPLESAUCE  ¾C  OF EACH)

5 ½ C FLOUR

Then add ½ quart of buttermilk. To the other half quart of buttermilk add into the carton
½ C DARK MOLASSES

½ TBSP SALT
8 TSP BAKING SODA

Shake the carton and release the top slowly because the baking soda makes the mixture foam up in the carton.  Rinse the carton with a little water. Pour into the batter combine well then add:
2 C ALL BRAN

2 C OF RAISINS OR DATES (I usually add a little more dates because I like the moist texture).

Mix well.  Let sit in a covered container in fridge for 2 days before baking.  Keeps in fridge for about 8 weeks, but mine don’t usually last that long. If you find that after a couple of weeks the batter is getting too thick add 2 tbsp of milk to the portion you are going to bake.  375 degrees for 15 minutes.

Enjoy and happy trails to the water closet!

Tyla

The Keyhole to My Mind's Closet

The Keyhole to My Mind's Closet
Blogging = cleaning = healing.